RBLI is looking for an experienced trust fundraiser to join our dynamic, growing and winning fundraising team as the Manager of the trust fundraising function. You will have a clear track record delivering to significant annual targets and a proven ability to secure multi-year gifts. You will be looking for an opportunity to fundraise across a wide range of charitable activities; health, welfare, homelessness, dementia & care, employability and social enterprise, and across both capital and revenue. You will have a very good understanding of the trust giving sector including during the pandemic. Good at building positive long-term relationships with stakeholders in trusts, you will have many examples of how you have increased involvement and giving over time.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To develop and lead an ambitious Trust Fundraising programme across a wide range of capital and revenue projects. These include RBLI’s employability programme, health, welfare and wellbeing, dementia care, research, bursaries and enterprise for Britain’s Bravest Manufacturing Co., and exciting capital developments.
The Trust and Foundations Fundraising Manager will produce winning funding applications for Trust, Lottery, and statutory funders, as well as the military benevolent funds. The role includes prospect research, liaison with colleagues across the charity, budget and project development, assessment, monitoring, evaluation and reporting as well as organising visits and tours for prospective funders.
Overview of the Role & Team:
The fundraising function at RBLI was created in 2016. Since then RBLI’s projects and plans have been attractive to Trusts and Foundations generating over £700k annually. The role has secured 6-figure gifts and many multi-year commitments. The department is overseen by the Director of Strategic Development who is also responsible for the development of RBLI’s policy and influencing strategy. This role offers the successful candidate the chance to shape this exciting fundraising programme and will be a team player, interested in the full range of RBLI’s activities including the social enterprise factory.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Deliver an annual income generation target.
• Research funding opportunities and identify core services and new projects, for revenue or capital, to fit the criteria of key funders.
• Liaise with colleagues and recommend re-packaging of existing projects, obtaining the information required for successful funding proposals.
• Develop and write winning applications to charitable trusts, the lottery, statutory funders, and military benevolent funds, managing the entire process from research to development of proposal, assessment and grant acceptance.
• Account manage trust and foundation relationships and oversee reporting, ensuring their requirements are met, monitoring progress, and evaluating funded projects.
• Without over-reporting, ensure that all relevant trust and foundations feel involved and up-to-date with the work of RBLI. This may include ensuring their trustees are invited to events, organising memorable and engaging tours of our services and facilities, and arranging meetings with senior stakeholders.
• Work with service delivery teams to minimise any potential underspends and ensure that all issues concerning the success of funded projects are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
• Maintain accurate records and information about all supporters and applications and ensure that database and hard copy files are kept up-to-date.
• Provide regular financial reports and management information such as trust application success ratios and application pipelines.
• Network externally with potential project partners, funders, major donors, and sector support resources (such as the IoF Special Interest Groups) to keep in touch with opportunities and trends.
• Keep up with social and policy trends, including amongst statutory funders and maintain a general awareness of developments and pressures in public sector services and on welfare to work programmes.
• Develop the understanding of frontline staff, Trustees, volunteers and other stakeholders, to create a culture of welcome, relationship building, asking, and stewardship which supports fundraising.
• Represent RBLI at internal and external events to engage with supporters, businesses, and sector influencers.
• Good at establishing positive relationships at all levels
• Committed to the highest standards of donor stewardship
• Proactive about information gathering
• Ambitious for success
• Passion for the sector
• Team player with proven networking skills
• This role is normally office-based (working at home possible during lockdowns)
• Flexibility with out of hours work will be required, e.g. at events on evenings & weekends
Skills & Experience Required:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Proven success of fundraising from trusts, foundations and grant makers within at least one charity or non-profit organisation
• Experience of successfully delivering against financial targets within specified deadlines
• Clear track record securing 5-figure, single and multi-year grants
• Evidence of ability to research and identify new trust prospects
• Evidence of ability to make creative approaches e.g. using senior stakeholder relationships or known personal interests
• Experience account managing multi-year grants and donations
• Significant knowledge and understanding of the UK grant making sector
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, evidenced in long-term relationship management as well as in applications
• Ability to compile compelling and accessible applications, reports, papers and management information
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint etc) with knowledge of fundraising/CRM databases
• Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple demands or deadlines and organising own workload
• Institute of Fundraising Certificate/Diploma
• Experience securing donations or grants towards welfare to work, unemployment schemes, mental health, academic research, and capital campaigns.
• Significant knowledge and understanding of the welfare to work and employment policy environment, work programmes nationally, and public opinion.
• Success securing 6 figure, single and multi-year grants.
RBLI offer 25 days holiday allowance per annum, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to [email protected] RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date