Senior Project Manager required by market leading provider of bespoke steelwork fabrications and metalwork. Based in Sittingbourne and covering contracts throughout Kent and the South East.
As a result on ongoing expansion we are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated, reliable and confident individual to join our team.
Employment type: Full time – 50 hours per week
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience plus bonus and pension.
This position will initially involve shadowing the existing senior project manager both on site and in the office to gain full working knowledge of the company, clients and ongoing projects. In time the candidate will then need to have the initiative to work independently.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Co-ordinate the design, production and installation of large design and build steelwork projects
• Ability to fully design and draw projects based on customer discussions and surveys, in a timely manner
• Ability to run a number of projects at the same time
• Fully understand the project requirements, scope of works, specifications etc
• To develop and maintain proactive, positive and professional relationships with all customers
• Ability to estimate and successfully win future works
• Work with the rest of the management team to continually monitor contract performance against programme and budget and to take all necessary action to ensure all targets are met
• Ability to maintain a team of site workers and oversee subcontractors
• Ensure that all health & safety and quality assurance standards are met and maintained during all operations under your control
• Writing and checking method statements and risk assessments
• Researching, ordering and checking materials
• Excellent knowledge of steelwork design and ability to read drawings, connection details and specifications
• At least 3 years experience of running steelwork projects
• Knowledge of pipework fabrication ideal but not essential
• Outstanding communication and organisational skills
• Positive attitude to problems and dealing with staff of all levels
• Good knowledge of health & safety legislation
• Good IT and numeracy skills with good working knowledge and competent use of CAD/Draftsight
• Full Driving Licence
**Please note, recruitment agencies need not reply/contact us.