Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully. Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
We are looking to recruit a Utilities and Waste Officer to join the Facilities team and to work closely with the existing team. You will assist the Facilities Manager to monitor and report on utilities and waste, which underpins our sustainability journey with best practice, ongoing efficiencies and cost savings. You will support and work towards the company’s goal of being carbon negative.
- Responsible for timely data collection and accurate administration of such areas as invoicing and forecasting.
- Prepare accurate reports that will support our energy compliance needs and identify cost efficiencies. Examine how we can undertake our
own energy audits to achieve this.
- Initial point of contact for all waste and utilities’ supplier enquiries.
- Ongoing monitoring of quality and performance of current services.
- Investigate and source new suppliers that link to our company’s environmental goal.
- Support the Facilities Manager and Facilities department with administration and other office support as needed.
- Liaise with other services to record, monitor, track and report on utilities and waste.
- Ensure we remain compliant with changing legislation on waste disposal and storage.
- Support the Facilities team to strengthen our green credentials and increase our sustainability impact through staff training and innovations.
- Passionate about sustainability and the environment
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Enquiring mind to explore all aspects of our environmental impact
- Excellent organizational skills and office skills with experience of Microsoft applications
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail orientated with strong administrative skills
- Ability to think independently and effectively
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells. Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you’d thrive in this role please apply to [email protected] with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.