Job Title: GNS Co-ordinator
Employed by Kent Coast Volunteering (KCV)
Managed by: Snr GNS Co-ordinator
Location: KCV Deal Hub, 3 Park Street, Deal, CT14 6AG
Working hours: 30 hours per week
Annual Leave: 28 days pa pro rata
Salary: £16,174 (pro rata of £18,870)
Funded by: This post has been made possible thanks to funding for one year from Dover District Council
This job description is provided to assist the jobholder to know what his/her main duties are. It may be amended from
time to time without change to the level of responsibility appropriate to the grade of the post and the needs of the
Core purpose of role –
To manage, develop and co-ordinate a Good Neighbours Service across the District of Dover.
Main responsibilities and duties:
• To manage the development and implementation of KCV’s Good Neighbours Service (GNS) in accordance with
stated policies and procedures
• To recruit and induct volunteers, in accordance with KCV’s volunteer recruitment and induction process.
• To undertake all necessary steps to understand, support the safety of yourself, volunteers, clients, colleagues
and GNS visitors to the office, having regard to Adult Safeguarding, Lone Working, Professional and Personal
Boundaries, Health & Safety and Data Protection.
• To facilitate the beginning and the end of the befriending relationship, including matching volunteers to clients
and overseeing the relationship
• To provide ongoing support and supervision to matched pairs to enable them to receive the maximum benefits
from the Good Neighbours Service
• To co-ordinate group befriending sessions
• Contribute to and support the development of volunteer telephone befriending service.
• Co-ordinate the recovery of testimonials, ‘stories’ and numerical data to support evaluation, monitoring and
reporting requirements of the funder and KCV.
• Produce monitoring and evaluation reports as required by the funder (Dover District Council)
Page 2 of 4
• Provide monthly reports to the lead GNS Co-ordinator about the performance of the service.
• To carry out DBS checking for eligible volunteer roles alongside the Volunteer Services Administrator.
o To investigate relevant volunteering project opportunities to meet local need and grow the diversity of
Befriending and volunteering opportunities.
o Manage allocated new projects as business needs change to meet the needs of the community and
the volunteer centre.
• To co-ordinate administration of KCV’s membership scheme, including client invoicing and volunteer expenses.
(Note: Membership for referred Dover clients in Year 1 of the project is subsidised by DDC and will not therefore
require collection from the client in year 1. Introduction and recovery of the membership fee would however be
required in Year 2 onwards).
• To ensure compliance with KCV’s accreditation to the Approved Provider Status, NVCO Befriending and
• To co-ordinate the GNS Service in accordance with the requirements of the funder, Dover District Council
Along with all KCV team members:
1. To help ensure that equality of opportunity is integral to all KCV work and that the needs of marginalised
groups are fully recognised in all aspects.
2. To undertake all necessary steps to be familiar with the Health & Safety Policy, taking due regard for the health
and safety of oneself, colleagues, volunteers, and visitors.
3. To work with other KCV GNS team members and wider KCV colleagues, attend KCV staff meetings, supervision,
training, and other meetings as deemed appropriate.
4. Attend (virtual) and physical events (COVID-19 permitting) to promote the benefits and value of the service,
and the work of KCV.
5. Contribute to publications such as e-bulletins/newsletters and ensure that all marketing and promotional
material is informative, up-to-date, and accurate. Contribute to KCV comms ensuring that all GNS posting and
regularly reviewed, updated, and are appropriate and useful to stakeholders.
6. Ensure any information about any individuals which is deemed personal, private, or sensitive is treated with
confidentiality and that the Data Protection Act is always adhered to.
7. Contribute to the strategic direction and sustainability of the KCV’s Good Neighbours Service
8. Work within KCV ethos which includes a non-judgmental and passionate approach.
9. Comply with KCV’s policies and procedures.
10. To undertake any other task that may be required occasionally, in furtherance to KCV’s objectives.
The above is an outline of your key tasks and responsibilities and your role as GNS Co-ordinator as befits a voluntary
sector organisation. You may be called upon from time to time to undertake duties (that are not listed) defined by
your supervisor or the CEO.