Full Time Schoolwear Deputy Store Manager
S. Simmonds & Son – Newnham Court Shopping Village, Maidstone
Do you have a passion for retail and love to give great customer service. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced deputy manager to help run our brand new Schoolwear store in Newnham Court Shopping Village, Maidstone.
As a deputy Schoolwear manager you will be responsible for the running of the Schoolwear department in the managers absence and play a vital part ensuring the business runs smoothly. Working alongside the manager, you will assist and support in all areas of the day to day running of the store, taking full responsibility in their absence.
You will actively strive to achieve daily tasks and drive team members, whilst maintaining excellent customer service at all times, this role will require an established organised supervisor that is confident in making decisions in the absence of the store manager and confident in delegating and organising the day to day running.
duties include: ·
- To be responsible for the running of the store in the managers absence.
-Providing a fun and motivating environment that will inspire the team to achieve daily targets
-Ensuring customer service excellence is delivered at all times.
- Receiving and storing stock, processing customer orders, accurately and in a timely manner.
- To assist in the Visual merchandising of the store assisted/un-assisted (training will be given)·
- To take ownership of own training & development,
- To be people focused and possess excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Take full responsibility for dealing with complaints, maintaining a positive attitude when faced with difficulties and ensuring that the customer is dealt with efficiently at all times.·
- To handle numerous tasks whilst maintaining effectiveness and having the ability to switch between tasks when faced with changing priorities·
- Practice good Health & Safety procedures within the store environment.·
- Practice good housekeeping at all times.
The role is 40 hours per week working 5 out of 7 days including weekends and some bank holidays.
Training will be given on all aspects of the business and there are excellent opportunities for personal development.
We offer competitive rates of pay and discounts on all merchandise.
Please no agencies