Canterbury / WFH
Our client is recruiting for a Senior Developer to join their team remotely or at their offices in Canterbury. The ideal candidate will have senior competency in at least one of our core technology platforms:
- PHP: Drupal, Laravel, Symfony
- Python: Django
You'll get to work with a wide variety of the latest technologies. Their diverse client portfolio means they need to apply many different technologies in different situations. Recent projects have included developing isomorphic React applications, producing strongly typed functional code, deployment pipelines to Google Firebase and AWS Lambda, building Dockerised infrastructure, and contributing to open source projects.
If you want to develop your craft, care about technical excellence and have the communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with colleagues and directly with clients, then this will be a great role for you.
• Flexible working hours and locations - the ideal candidate will be happy to travel to the Canterbury office at least once a week.
• 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• An annual personal £250 wellness fund, which you can spend on improving your health and wellbeing
• Equipment budget of up to £500 each calendar year, to spend at your discretion on anything that helps you do your job better
• Company pension
• Training budget
• Peer recognition scheme
• Tax-free cycles and e-cycles
• Paid sabbaticals - In the calendar year when you reach five years of continuous employment with the company, you get a five-week sabbatical!
Here’s what to expect:
• Developing innovative, high-quality technical solutions that really do the job
• Building relationships with clients and helping them to achieve their goals
• Using your insight to help plan and drive project delivery
• Leading the team in your technical specialism
• Giving code and experience back to the open source community
• Research new technologies and ways of delivering projects
• Presenting and rationalising your work internally and to clients
• Maintaining and championing high quality technical standards for all the agency’s output.
• Turning client requirements into technical specifications
Who we're looking for:
• 5+ years of commercial experience as a software engineer
• A commitment to learning the core platforms to their high standards
• A dedication to coding excellence and continuous personal development
• Great written and face to face communication skills
• An ability to work well in a cross-disciplinary project team
• Worked with a good range of third party APIs
• Experience of delivery using an Agile software methodology
• Contributed code to an Open Source project
• Linux command line and server administration skills
• Familiarity with automated deployment systems
• Familiarity using testing frameworks
• Familiarity with modern frontend build tools such as WebPack
• Familiarity using Docker in local development
• Presented at tech meet-ups or conferences