ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
Dental Dynamix specialises in supplying and supporting IT infrastructure and digital imaging solutions to dentists throughout the UK. Dentists rely on our knowledge & expertise within IT Services, making the complex simpler. We are constantly growing and building an exciting future, fast becoming UK’s leading Dental IT & Digital Imaging specialists.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a diligent IT Specialist to take care of our client’s IT needs. You will be responsible for pre-installation site surveys, preparation & deployment of all IT equipment. This will include setting up software, network administration, and resolving all IT support issues as required by our client. The top candidates will be selected for an amiable personality and an aptitude for customer service. To be a successful Dental Dynamix IT Specialist, you should have an in-depth knowledge of various computer hardware and software technologies.
IT Specialist Responsibilities:
• Assisting with IT sales and projects, leading new IT installations.
• Carrying out on site surveys prior to the deployment of hardware
• Resolving all issues clients have with their IT systems and software.
• Working within a high performing team, learning from and sharing knowledge in order to achieve the right outcome.
• Logging incidents and service requests to the ticketing system. Escalating where necessary
• Regularly evaluating IT systems to ensure they meet the necessary demands.
• Educating clients about network security and best practices for computer usage.
• Windows 7/8/10 workstations and laptops
• Windows Server 2012, 2016, Active Directory, Group policy
• Microsoft Office ’07/’10/’13/’16
• Microsoft 365 configuration, administration & migration
• Configuration & installation of LAN/WAN/WiFi networks.
• Installation and configuration of routers. Draytek, Cisco etc.
• Support and maintain server hardware and backups.
• DNS, DHCP, VPN, NAS, RAID.
• IP Telephony
• Personable, professional manner.
• Self-driven with a proactive nature.
• An excellent telephone manner, along with friendly customer service skills
• Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
• Degree in computer science or a related field.
• Professional certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA)
• Experience in a similar position
• Open to overtime and work on the weekends
Clean UK driver's licence for more than 2 years.