Hours: 36 per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Clarion Housing Group is the country's largest housing association, owning and maintaining over 125,000 homes nationwide. We're a social landlord, providing affordable homes overwhelmingly for people who can't meet their housing needs on the open market, a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service. By 2040 Clarion will be the undisputed leading housing provider known for building high quality, fit for purpose, well managed and sustainable homes for either sale or rent.
To help us achieve our vision, we're looking for an Assistant Cost Planner to join our Development Team in Croydon. Working on schemes from single homes to entire new villages, we'll look to you to provide competitive offers and accurate cost plans that reflect the requirements of Clarion's ER's. You'll help us maintain our financial resilienceby working to a high standard of accuracy on all cost planning and reviewing of external pricing.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:-
* Collect key project information into cost planning folders
* Download additional information from planning portal or data room
* Discuss scheme with land manager
* Measure principle information, neatly mark-up drawings suitable for presentation
* Submit information into cost plan template, measures, accommodation schedule, tenure split, document schedule, risk register, PROV sums
* Read key reports, understand project risks, rewards, and constraints to present qualifications
The ideal candidate will come to us with experience of working within construction/development as a Cost Planner, or Estimator pricing housing projects. You'll have worked with contractors and sub-contractors on trade packages and will be able to understand technical information, and read construction drawings. Excellent numeracy, IT and communication skills are also essential for the role.
If this sounds like a good match to your skillset, we look forward to hearing from you.
In return, we offer a highly competitive salary and car allowance, Group Bonus Scheme and other benefits, including a defined contribution pension matched up to 7.5% and generous life assurance.
Closing Date: 13th May at midnight
For further details on this vacancy please click 'apply'.