An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK'S leading customs brokers with a number of locations and a huge team of customs staff to join their Dover office as a Customs Compliance Officer.
This company has seen an unprecedented amount of growth and this role is pivotal to the UK operation as you will be responsible for driving the compliance strategy, coaching, mentoring and developing staff and ensuring the company are adhering and meeting customs and trade compliance obligations.
About the role:
* Developing and conducting training and education (AEO, ISO, Export, Control, DPS and compliance) as well as driving the compliance strategy.
* Responsible for the content of training in relation to the latest European Legislation
* Keeping abreast of the latest developments within customs with a view of conducting training and education to staff members
* Responsible for the introduction of new or changed guidelines and advising on these
* Responsible for performing audits and managing risk assessments
* Co-ordinating and safeguarding the administration and optimisation of permits, guarantees and deposits
* Provide technical industry compliance knowledge to support the business and act as the primary source of all information for UK customs.
* Support and advise on all international import/export requirements specifically Brexit
* Fully conversant with customs procedures as well as all legislation and regulations
* Knowledge and experience with highly specialised European customs related affairs and specialised European customs legislation
* Proven experience of developing training programmes and developing guidelines
* You will be an effective communicator, a people centric individual with strong leadership abilities
* Demonstrable operational delivery experience and a person who can engage, develop and shape the customs team.
You will receive a highly competitive salary as well as an excellent benefits package as well as the opportunity to work within a global leading company.