At Holiday Extras we believe time is precious, and holidays are some of the most precious times we have. That's why we promise to give customers less hassle, so they can have more holiday
We are building the future of travel from our headquarters in the Kent countryside (& remote!), a future that expertly blends cutting-edge tech with best-in-class customer service to deliver something that has never been seen before. We call it HEHA!
As you can probably tell, we’re a fast-moving, innovative travel technology business and we are obsessed with making it easy for customers to make the most of their trip. As well as being the UK market leader in travel extras, we are also proud to work with some of the UK’s leading theme-park and theatre brands as their official short break provider.
Covid-19 has, of course, had an impact on many industries, none more so than travel. Like others, we’ve had to innovate and adapt quickly to continue to deliver on our promise to our customers. But the fact remains: customers want to go on holiday (in a recent survey of our customers, 80% of them told us that they plan to travel as soon as they possibly can) so there's never been a better time to join the product and tech team here at Holiday Extras, with endless opportunity for innovation and forward-thinking that will help remake holidaymaking in 2021 and beyond.
We’re looking for a Systems Support Engineer to join the IT & Infrastructure team to ensure we can keep giving our customers a great experience. We are looking for experienced HelpDesk Engineers or IT Support roles, who can apply themselves to thrive in our fast paced environment. You’ll need to have an understanding of IT support and have a desire to progress your career further.
We are 100% Apple Mac based with over 1000 devices across our teams in the UK and Europe. We are an approved Apple Authorised Repair Centre which allows us to carry out all our own repairs and servicing, we also offer support for all tech related queries like Software, Email, phones (iPhones, of course) along with all the other day to day helpdesk duties.
We are big on automation and self service and being able to spot opportunities to automate and innovate is vital for a technology led company. We’ve made a start by automating machine formatting across the business, which streamlines machine configuration and setup, giving us the ability to distribute software updates and patches. We have auto enrolment for our Apple Products with DEP allowing us to track and control all aspects of our Apple hardware.
We want to build on our users experience by introducing more integrations into platforms like Google Workspace, move away from Office 365 and make better use of the Google suite, using Active Directory to secure all our applications and 3rd party access with single sign-on. You’ll have the opportunity to take the business on this journey by promoting the use of all elements of the Google Suite through training videos and face to face learning.
Each day is never the same on our HelpDesk; you’ll be working with every person within the organisation, on every aspect of Tech.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- You will be prioritising, diagnosing and resolving a range of helpdesk queries and tickets via the helpdesk platform (Jira ServiceDesk), email,
phone or slack.
- You will use your customer experience skills to interact with our users in our fast paced environment
- Managing laptop provision and maintenance (Mac) & Google Workspace and SSO tools
- Troubleshooting both hardware and software issues
- You’ll be working closely with the Holiday Extras team around the group to come up with solutions to help make their experience hassle-free.
- Working cross-functionally with every business unit to ensure we continue provide an excellent level of support
- You will have autonomy and responsibility to solve the interesting problems we face daily.
- You will be supporting employees on our campus in Kent as well as supporting our European team in Munich and remote UK workers.
- You will be doing out of hours support but that's a good incentive to automate.
- You’re going to have a lot of fun!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- An experienced Helpdesk/ IT Support Engineer
- A customer first approach to support; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently and build effective relationships
- You've had experience troubleshooting issues and looking to make an positive impact
- Highly organised individual who is able to work on their own initiative to complete the range of tasks required
- Good knowledge of standard business applications like Jira & Google Workspace
- Active Directory administration
- Knowledge/use of IT ticketing and asset management systems
- Being solutions focussed and an excellent problem solver, not afraid to make decisions and act quickly
- Always determined to acquire new skills and learn.
- Demonstrable interest in a wide range of cutting edge technology from the latest in Apple hardware, to the hottest new software releases from
- Clean driving licence in order to be mobile between our UK sites
- Experience working with and supporting Mac OS
- Apple ACMT / ACIT / ACSP certificate
- Experience of industry recognised deployment tools such as Munki, JAMF, Deploy Studio, Mosyle etc
- Azure &/or Active Directory experience
- Linux Knowledge
- Scripting knowledge like Bash / Perl
If this sounds like a fantastic opportunity for you, please submit your CV & cover letter through the application form as soon as possible.