QA Test Automation Engineer
Location: Maidstone and opportunity to WFH
Salary £32k - £34k DOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Software Test Automation Engineer to work within the Quality Assurance department of a major software vendor. They require someone with Test Automation experience who can help build a suite of robust automated tests during product migration from desktop to cloud.
Working initially at our client's Maidstone office, you will be part of a well-trained Quality Assurance team who are responsible for testing our desktop and cloud products. Once fully trained and familiar with the processes, you may work remotely from home. The role will be focussed almost entirely on Test Automation, mainly on Cloud Products, but also where possible providing Test Automation for desktop products. It is a hands-on role, you will be writing and maintaining bespoke Test Automation routines and helping develop this discipline as the product range grows.
Working in a largely “waterfall” environment, the role demands a large degree of flexibility, and the ability to see the big picture as well as the detail. There are excellent opportunities for advancement within this role as the products suite develops. If you have experience of, and enjoy, test automation and feel you have the potential to make a difference we would like to talk to you.
· Work with Product Managers, Developers and the QA team to define, design and document test strategies.
· Implement automation test strategies.
· Test Web APIs and Windows Services by means of automation.
· Identify and help to create, maintain and execute manual tests where automation is not viable
· Isolate software problems highlighted during testing and produce clear and detailed bug reports.
· Verify work items against defined acceptance criteria.
· Provide clear and concise solution improvements for items under test
· Collaborating with the Development team to solve application faults
· Previous experience as a QA Test Automation Engineer.
· Good grasp of test automation methodologies, practices and frameworks.
· Created both manual and automated test plans and reports.
· Experience working with Azure or similar applications.
· Familiarity of working with WebDriver Manager, Cucumber, Gherkin API Structure, XML, JSON or similar coding languages and applications.
· ISTQB Certified Test Automation Engineer or similar qualification/experience.
· Excellent analytical abilities with keen attention to detail.
· Good project management skills
· Good written and verbal communication skills