We are working with an exciting and forward thinking business in Kent looking for a talented Assistant Accountant on an initial 6-month fixed term contract with the possibility of a long term opportunity. Working as part of the finance team of a successful and growing technology business, this is an opportunity to contribute to financial accounting, reporting, and finance operations as part of an established, high performing finance team. The ideal candidate will have a strong grounding in finance, the ability to quickly grasp the processes within the business, and keen to take responsibility for discrete workstreams within the finance team. As part of this role there are opportunities to be involved in project work related to IFRS conversion, M&A, and financing.
The business is passionate about empowering people to do the best work of their career and to ultimately deliver the business vision. This role can be performed entirely remotely or on a hybrid working model depending on individual preference. You must be available to start a role within a month.
• Support the month end close by posting relevant journal entries, intercompany transactions and reconciliations, including IFRS
• Assist with preparation of tax compliance schedules incl. VAT and Corporation tax returns, grant applications and claims.
• Assist with the preparation of the balance sheet, cashflow and working capital budgets/forecasts.
• Assist with the completion of regulatory returns, statutory operational audits and ONS surveys,
• Ensuring statutory reporting requirements are fulfilled, submissions are accurate, and payments are made by the correct date.
• Assisting the Financial Controller with project work incl. dividends, share schemes, acquisitions, disposals and ad hoc tasks.
• Support the wider finance team with transactional accounting and other ad-hoc tasks as required.
• Assist with improvements to accounting processes and document controls.
• Assist with the preparation of financial statements.
• Liaise with the external auditors and other advisors as required under the supervision of the Financial Controller.
• Qualified accountant with knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
• At least one to two years’ experience, post qualification.
• Proven experience of assisting with internal and / or external auditors.
• Excellent analytical skills to review data effectively.
• Strong numeric/analytical and Excel spreadsheet skills
• Drive to solve problems and continuously improve processes.
• Flexible attitude to meet business needs.
• Highly organised, diligent, able to prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines whilst working accurately with attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a range of audiences