A high growth, international services and technology business have a new opportunity for a methodical and detail orientated Invoicing Controller to join their expanding finance function. The business is experiencing a sustained period of growth and have private equity backing, making this an exciting time to join them. The opportunity would be on a hybrid working basis, with 2-3 days a week in the office in Central London and the rest from home.
With customers based Globally, this role requires someone who is driven and focused with experience and understanding of the differing challenges of managing sometimes complex, high volume invoicing processes for customers in different countries, who is both tenacious and flexible and able to build strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
• Manage the invoicing and credit note cycle for all customers.
• Manage escalation and resolution of invoicing queries which can result in slow or non-payment of invoices by our customers.
• Develop, refine, and implement group invoicing process and policies.
• Organise tasks and resources to ensure the timely, efficient, and accurate issuance of invoices to customers.
• Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders to resolve invoicing queries and problems. Identifying root causes and developing short-term and
long-term solutions as required to improve invoicing processes.
• Manage, monitor, and report any invoicing backlog and ensure that backlogs are kept to an acceptable level.
• Reconcile revenue records on a timely basis and carry out checks against budget & forecast.
• Identify queries which may result in the slow or non-payment of customer invoices.
• Meet monthly resolution targets and maintain clean sub ledger accounts.
• Prepare revenue analysis with heads of department for monitoring and reporting.
• Additional ad-hoc reporting as and when required.
Candidate profile & experience:
• Demonstrable experience managing the invoicing processes in a high volume, complex environment, ideally within an international
• Good skills in Excel and knowledge of ERP systems.
• Problem solving mind set with drive and ability to work independently.
• Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Confidence and the ability to influence others.