Management Accountant – Strong Excel | Maidstone | £35k - £40k
A privately owned, acquisitive business in the service sector, has a vacancy for a Management Accountant with strong Excel skills to VBA/Macro level to join their small, friendly finance team. The Head Office is based near Maidstone, and they are based in the office full time.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will take responsibility for the preparation of timely and reliable financial and management information for various associated companies to aid management planning and commercial decision making.
• Production of the monthly management accounts for multiple companies including preparation and posting of all journals, accruals and prepayments
• Assist in the preparation of monthly management information including the use of pivot tables and lookups in Excel
• Producing streamlined reports in Excel using VBA and Macros
• Production of the monthly accounts pack for multiple companies
• Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
• Assist in the production of budgets and forecasts with particular emphasis on income modelling, identifying areas of growth / opportunity for the future
• Provide assistance through the annual audit process including the production of audit packs
• To assist the Finance Manager in operating and improving internal controls within the finance function
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Excellent Excel skills with the ability to analyse and manipulate data using Macros, Pivot tables
• Management accounting experience in a commercial environment
• Pro-active and self-motivated with a flexible approach
• Able to prioritise workload and meet demanding deadlines whilst maintaining quality