£23,500 per annum (40 hours per week)
We are seeking to recruit a Maintenance Assistant to join a small, friendly team that strive to provide the highest standard of service and support to residents living independently within the almshouse community. We are based in the centre of Maidstone and offer a competitive salary, five weeks annual leave (plus bank holiday entitlement), a contributory pension scheme and access to training.
As the Maintenance Assistant, you will ensure a consistently high standard of service is provided to all residents, spending much of your time repairing and updating the Charity’s properties and associated buildings under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager.
You will also play a key role in ensuring the almshouses and grounds are well maintained and safe, reporting any defects and faults in a timely manner.
To fulfil the role, you will need:
• to take pride in the work you do and be committed to maintaining high standards
• a flexible, 'can do' attitude
• the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• an understanding of the issues that affect older people
• to maintain boundaries of confidentiality and professionalism
• to be committed to learning and continuous improvement
• be IT literate and capable of using the Charity’s online health & safety database
The Maintenance Assistant will work Monday to Friday between 7am and 4pm (40 hours per week).
Due to the nature of the work involved you must:
• hold a current, clean driving license and be prepared to drive the company van
• have some experience of undertaking maintenance tasks e.g. decorating, carpentry, plumbing etc
• be willing to respond to emergency situations “out of hours” for the purpose of resolving safety
concerns (additional overtime payment will be made in these instances)
This is a position of trust and so the postholder is subject to a DBS check.
The closing date for applications is 10am Friday 10 December 2021 with interviews likely to take place on Tuesday 14 December 2021.
If you would like to join our team then please tell us why you would be good for the role.
For further details contact Liz Abi-Aad (Clerk & Chief Officer) on 01622 765612
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES!