Looking for an IT Project Manager to join a large, fast paced organisation based in Dover, paying up to £40k.
Duties of the Post Holder
* To be the IT lead on complex and integrated infrastructure project,
* IT design development management,
* Requirements capture and stakeholder engagements,
* To work closely with the IT Department & Programme Manager on existing and organisational IT infrastructure and network requirements and standards,
* To feed into the design consultants the technical requirements, and review outputs from the design consultants,
* To understand and establish where potential clash points may exist on the design phase, escalate, and resolve any clash issues,
* To develop IT technical work packages for procurement and contract documentation in accordance with industry best practice, and the organisations standards and policies,
* To establish and maintain early warning systems for deliverables in danger of being missed and affecting the critical path of a project,
* To establish good working relationships with all stakeholders and liaise with these frequently, to maximise cross-functional understanding of the overall project, the key deliverables for each person and the interdependencies of these,
* To bring innovation and insight to the IT/Project Management processes, with the aim of continuous improvement,
* To manage IT change requests on the programme,
* To ensure the design is delivered in accordance with the quality and deliverables as stated in the contract documents to enable the project to be competitively tendered,
* To deliver the IT workstream performance reporting in a timely manner in accordance with the programme reporting regime,
* To carry out formal and informal inspections (and associated reporting thereof) of on-going works, both contracted out and internally resourced, To ensure defects are notified and dealt with quickly, efficiently and to the required quality,
* To proactively and pragmatically problem solve technical and practical issues with Contractors on site,
* To act in the capacity of 'Supervisor' under the NEC 3 or 4 Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC),
* To ensure works are undertaken in line with programme requirements,
* To liaise & communicate with Operations, contractors, port stakeholders and other outside parties as appropriate, to ensure that construction works are carried out with minimum disturbance,
* Assistance and provision of technical knowledge to others,
* To be conversant with and to ensure that all works are prepared and carried out
The post does not have any direct line management responsibilities, but the post holder will be expected to influence the workload of many staff at various levels in the Business.
* Preferable a Degree otherwise minimum of HNC or HND in Electrical or IT related discipline.
* PRINCE 2 or PMP for project management.
* Good user skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Outlook
* Must hold a valid driving license and use of own vehicle