Recovery Officer - £26-£30K+ Bromley
Your new company
You will be working for an award winning organisation, who offer a high quality service across the UK
Your new role
* Collect and recover debts on Social Care invoices
* Engage with residents to explain the nature of their charges and to secure payment of the debt or obtain agreement to a payment plan.
* Issue reminders in accordance with the specified debt type and progress promptly through the recovery cycle.
* Dealing with correspondence and payment queries, referring disputes to the relevant service departments in a timely manner.
* Escalate concerns over vulnerability or safeguarding
* Taking payments through Paye.net
* Ensure that the status of all debts are recorded, monitored and updated on the appropriate systems and control spreadsheets.
* Make referrals to the Debt collector.
* Making recommendations for County Court Claims.
* Preparation of proposals for recovery action for submission to our Client in respect of debts for potentially vulnerable debtors.
* Reconciling refunds and rejected payments.
* Use available tools to trace debtors, i.e., tracing software, internet searches, Companies House.
What you'll need to succeed
* A background in face to face recovery desirable
* Good understanding of debt recovery in an accounts receivable section
* Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate effectively with older and or vulnerable clients
* Excellent time management skills by prioritising and planning with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
* Clean driving license and own car.
What you'll get in return
An amazing start to the new year with a salary of up to £30K+
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.