We currently have a vacancy for an Advantage Engineer to join the Advantage Technical Team at the Aylesford site.
To be successful within the team, you will need to have a will-do attitude, be a good team player with a positive mentality and have excellent inter-personal skills. You will be required to interact with customers and colleagues from all areas of the business.
You will be an influencer to the departmental goals and thrive on teamwork and achieving targets collaboratively with your colleagues. You will be motivated by the success of the team, the business and yourself as an individual and be able to demonstrate ideas and opportunities for improvements throughout your employment.
Providing a high standard of service to your colleagues and customers and will always commit your best on a day-to-day basis. You should have the ability to learn and adapt on your feet whilst supporting other members of the team.
The role is a technical based role and must be able to use AutoCAD, Inventor and REVIT to progress customer designs for drainage and water supply systems whilst trying to value engineer where possible. The role requires the ability to interact with customers and colleagues by a range of methods, telephone, MS Teams, MS Outlook, Skype and face to face and on site.
As part of this role you may have to travel to support the external sales team with design meetings when required.
The ideal candidates will have the following personality traits, knowledge, skills and competencies:
• Excellent communicator in all aspects of customer service with strong communication skills to enable effective communication within the team, and internal/external customers, in person and over the telephone
• Experienced user of Autodesk platforms – ideally REVIT, Inventor and AutoCAD
• An understanding of Above Ground Drainage design principles
• An understanding of water supply design principles
• Ability to read and interpret drawings (Plans, sections, schematics and elevations)
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office – (MS Excel a distinct advantage)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
• Effective team working skills – a team player
• Degree qualified Building Services / Construction / Engineering principle
• An understanding of British / European standards and their impact on building design
• On site experience of the commercial building services industry.
• Experience of predesign client meetings
To apply for this position, please send your application by email, with a current CV to: [email protected]