Maintenance Engineer - £40,000 - Rochester - Mechanical bias. My client, a world-renowned company within the food industry, are looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join their Rochester based team. You will be working within an established group of professionals who will all have a similar skill set and background to yourself, so you will be able to interact with like-minded individuals on a daily basis.
To be an effective member of the maintenance team by supporting the running of the factory. Resolving breakdowns and delivering planned maintenance, whilst ensuring work is carried out to the highest possible standard.
* Responsible for reactive and proactive maintenance work; including breakdowns and planned maintenance to the packaging machinery
* Attend breakdowns and keep machinery down-time to a minimum
* Drive and initiate continuous improvement across the factory to enhance quality, efficiency, performance, safety and waste reduction
* Responsible for completion of PPM tasks and daily checks in a timely manner
* Work with our CMMS system, work orders and spares etc
* Help and assist in the training of others and identify own training needs
* Ensure all work carried out adheres to the Company's food standard practices
* Ensure all work undertaken is completed adhering to the Company's Hygiene Code of Practice and Health and Safety requirements
* Make sure all work carried out is legally compliant with Health and Safety standards
* Maintaining tools and equipment to a safe working condition
* Develop and maintain good working relationship with the Operations Manager
* Provide support to other engineering teams as required
* Carry out and other reasonable duties associated with the role or projects assigned to meet the overall objectives of the role
What we are looking for in you:
* Previous experience working with high speed packing machinery
* Experience of mechanical handling equipment, conveyors, elevators, and milling equipment
* Strong knowledge of bearings, pneumatics, electrical control systems and fault finding
* Experienced in planned breakdowns and planned maintenance
* Good organisational and multi-tasking skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office and CMMS
* Experienced in completing routine checks and preventative maintenance
* Willingness to work flexibly as part of a rotating shift system.
* Excellent health and safety awareness
Shift Pattern: '4 on / 4 off' - two weeks of days followed by two weeks of nights
As a Maintenance Engineer working with this company, you will be rewarded with a basic salary of £40,000 and will be entitled to an excellent range of company benefits.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV for immediate consideration.
All successful candidates will be contacted within two working days of application.