Finance Manager | Remote working / Kent | 52-62k + bonus + benefits
Our client, an international, hugely successful business with offices in Kent and London, now have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Manager to join one of their divisional Finance Teams on a full time, permanent basis. This role is offering a home-based contract so can be based anywhere in the UK, although occasional travel to Kent will be required for monthly team meetings. The business can also accommodate anyone wanting to be in the office more frequently if that is the preference.
This is a key and very visible role for the business, responsible for a range of areas from forecasting to post completion review. Expect to have direct responsibility for the divisions spend, whilst business partnering and supporting the UK leadership team. This role will also involve cost management of international Projects and working with the international team offering financial guidance and support.
The role will also act as a deputy to the Senior Finance Manager which will support with further career development and progression. The business has some exciting transformation programmes and projects in the pipeline, so is looking for someone who enjoys working with senior stakeholders and partnering large divisions closely whilst overseeing large scale projects.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• Finance business partnering with UK senior leadership team to support strategy and management to enhance the performance and
profitability of the business. Including forecasting, reporting, analysis, challenge and feeding into other financial processes.
• Evaluating divisional business cases for projects, tracking project delivery and carrying out post implementation reviews, supporting UK
and International projects where relevant.
• Development, implementation and ownership of Finance Performance Reporting, budgeting and the reporting of KPI’s and insight.
• Provision, analysis and interpretation of weekly and monthly reports to enable performance to be monitored and enhanced.
• Weekly flash and monthly forecasts of P&L costs.
• Responsible for Capex approval process, providing review and challenge of online requests and managing the agenda and actions for
monthly Capex Committee meetings.
• Responsible for ensuring Post Completion Reviews are completed on time to the required standard, providing challenge where required.
• Track project delivery to ensure accurate and timely accounting for all Assets Under Construction.
• Track approved project benefits and ongoing costs to provide detailed insight to the wider business.
• Owning capex cashflow to enable more effective management of working capital.
• Review of robust Budgets and Forecasts for all Capex spend
• Supervising and developing one direct report
• Presenting key figures and business information at meetings and financial performance reviews
You’ll be passionate about customers, with an innovative and agile approach to identify new ideas and methods. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with a dedicated focus on driving results. You will be resilient – accepting and learning from mistakes and building future solutions. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
You’ll be CIMA or ACCA qualified, working in a finance manager or business partner role looking to take the next step in your career. It is essential that someone enjoys working in a fast-paced commercial environment and has strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Great excel and systems skills will also be important. This is a great role for an analytical thinker with strong influencing skills to join a team orientated business with excellent career opportunities.