Clark James Recruitment are working with a well established and highly professional firm of Independent Financial Advisors based near Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
Due to expansion within the team they have an opportunity for a Paraplanner to join the existing team to assist advisers in all aspects of providing advice to clients.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
• The technical and practical evaluation of products within the range specified in your personal job description; sharing product information with Advisers and Paraplanners.
• To help produce and maintain a hold, fold and buy list through technical assessment of fund managers and individual fund performance; sharing fund research with Advisers and Paraplanners.
• To assist the development and implementation of a strategy that will enable a client to meet financial objectives.
Presentation of Advice
• To prepare letters, reports and other documents as part of the advice process including reviews.
• To help advisers prepare for client meetings including the preparation of all relevant paperwork.
• To update client records, analyse progress and present information in accordance with our Review Proposition.
• To help ensure that all dealings with clients are in accordance with internal and regulatory guidelines.
Treating Customers Fairly
• To help ensure that we always deal with clients fairly.
• To assist in the development of systems and procedures in respect of all points above.
• Previous experience as a technical Paraplanner essential
• Knowledge and experience of personal Financial Planning, pre and post retirement planning investment funds and asset allocation, tax treatment of different fund types and product wrappers, investment, pension and annuity products, financial planning legislation, tax legislation
• FCA compliance requirements
• Level 4 DipPFS preferable or working towards
• RO4 preferable.
• Communication skills – both verbal and written
• Experience of bespoke report writing
• Ability to obtain, assess and act on information
• Highly organised
• Previous experience of Adviser Office/1st software an advantage
• Previous experience of Voyant and Volume (Watermark) an advantage
• Willingness to contribute to the general administration and development of the firm
• Basic salary to £40,000 - dependent on experience and qualifications
• Profit Related Bonus Scheme
• Flexi hours based over a 35 hour week
To apply for this position or to have an initial conversation in the strictest of confidence please contact Justin Preston at Clark James Recruitment - [email protected]