Who are RDT?
RDT is a focused and successful Agile software company. It has been working in the UK insurance market for since 1991 and in this time, has been delivering highly innovative software and consulting solutions. To find out more about us and what we do click here www.rdt.co.uk.
As part of RDT’s ongoing commitment to hiring the best people for every vacancy we have, we recognise that sometimes we need to be flexible and consider the particular needs of each applicant. If you think your skills and experience might match this role but need to work in a particular way; different hours or more flexibly – don’t not apply, give us a chance to see if we can match what you need before you count us out of your job search.
The Business Administrator role at RDT
Working alongside the Administration Services Manager you will provide an overall administrative and support service to the organisation. You will represent the RDT brand to all clients, candidates, employees and suppliers by providing a first class, friendly and customer focused service and bring your skills and experience to our social media platform.
What you’ll be doing
You will have the following responsibilities:
Provide a professional reception service;
• Maintain the functioning of the office, including ensuring the reception desk is staffed between 08:30 to 17:30 (as well as outside of these times if necessary)
• Provide a professional telephone service
• Meeting and greeting all visitors in a friendly, professional and efficient manner
• Support on day to day provision of all functions relating to the facilities needed by our company including; reception, post, support, stationery, administration, events and catering ensuring that the office runs smoothly
• Support around room bookings, dealing with potential clashes or issues in a proactive manner
• Arrange events and services as required i.e. order and arrange refreshments when needed
• Set up/clear meetings rooms and services as required
• Management of deliveries and booking couriers and taxis for staff and visitors if required
Support the Management Team;
• Diary support as required
• Arrangements for meetings, internal and external
• Schedule Company events and communication sessions when required
• Liaison with clients and suppliers when required
• Get involved in recruitment and training activities
• Organisation of travel and accommodation booking
Social Media Support
• Manage and co-ordinate content for blogs and Website activity with social media content, liaison and approval on content to be in collaboration with the HR & Marketing teams.
• Support the management of the Recruitment elements in the RDT website and Social Media platforms; ensuring that vacancies are current and maximised in the relevant market places.
• Support the HR social media activity at RDT – Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
Internal services for our people;
• Manage the organisation chart, updating and circulating as required
• Maintain the ‘meet the people’ document
• Arrange internal and external training courses as required
• Support the social committee activities
• Take responsibility for the ‘play area’ and picture board
What we need from you
Qualifications & Experience:
• Maths & English GCSE’s
• Educated to A ‘Level or equivalent
• Demonstrated work experience
• Proven administration skills (not necessarily in a work environment)
• Experience with social media platforms and appetite to widen that experience to the business space.
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• People person with desire to deliver great customer services
• Motivated with a willingness to learn
• Professional and enthusiastic
What’s in it for you?
Working as part of a friendly team, you will gain valuable skills and experience in a professional working environment and learn lots!
You will be expected to be the best you can be and will be encouraged and supported to achieve this.