Extra Care Scheme Assistant (Housing) Permanent, 21 hours, Tues-Sat, must be able to drive
I am looking for a scheme assistant to work within the extra care scheme in Hawkhurst and give excellent housing (not care) related services to our residents. You should have a passion for working with older people, with excellent communication and people skills so you can help create a vibrant environment for residents. I am looking for someone who has lots of enthusiasm to achieve goals and develop their skills within a busy environment.
Your new role
Purpose of job - Support the Scheme Manager to deliver a high quality housing management service to our Tenants in our Extra Care Schemes.
* Support the Extra Care Scheme Manager to undertake all aspects of Housing Management for Tenants and Scheme
* To Develop and maintain a varied activities programme and encourage tenants to support their own activities.
* Provide a settling in service for new tenants to introduce all aspects of the scheme and services available.
* Comply with health and Safety policies and procedures and fire checks for the scheme.
* Collaborate with West Kent resident involvement team to maximise the opportunity for our tenants to achieve their aspirations.
* Deliver an excellent level of service to customers ensuring that their needs are met.
* Contribute to the achievement of the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the scheme.
* Report any safeguarding concerns to your line manager.
* Maintain confidentiality regarding any sensitive information you come across in the course of your work, ensuring Professional Boundaries are adhered to.
* Act in accordance with West Kent's commitment to equality and diversity by treating everyone with respect.
* Undertake any additional duties that may be assigned to you.
Knowledge skills and experience
* The desire to make a positive difference for our older tenants living in Extra Care.
* Able to use Microsoft office packages. Confident using new or bespoke ICT systems and databases.
* Ability to tailor your written and verbal communication to suit individual needs.
* Demonstrate ability to analyse and prioritise workload and be able to work under pressure.
* Ability to build relationships and gain trust while maintaining professional boundaries.
* Ability to make confident decisions in any situation using sound judgement.
* Highly motivated and able to work on own initiative. Able to solve problems and offer practical solutions in a reasonable timescale.
* Ability to contribute to the achievement of team goals
* Commitment to applying equality and diversity to customer service.
* Experience of delivering a service to a required standard.
* Willingness to research and learn about services for older persons.
* Physically able to respond quickly to emergencies anywhere on the scheme site, and able to comfortably use stairs.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.