W.E Roberts is offering the exciting opportunity for a HGV1 Driver to join our leading corrugated cardboard manufacturing firm based in Northfleet. The right candidate will be a hardworking, dedicated and reliable individual who is flexible and willing to learn and take on new skills.
Due to the nature of the role you must have at least 2 years HGV Class 1 experience.
We aim to maximise employee potential and aspire to be recognised as an industry leader that exceeds customer expectations.
We currently have a vacancy as part of our established HGV team. Your hours will mainly be Monday – Friday, start times will vary but typically will be around 5am, although due to the nature of the business a willingness to work overtime & weekends where required is a must. There will be no need for nights away within this role.
Duties for the role will include delivering palletised cardboard goods in a Class 1 vehicle - mainly in the South East.
You will be part of a team, which work a minimum of 5 days per week mostly.
Key Requirements for the role:
• You must have a relevant HGV Class 1 license, digital tacho card and CPC qualification
• Good communication skills and the ability to communicate with clients & employees.
• Good attention to detail especially in terms of paperwork
• Ability to work safely and efficiently, observing all Health and Safety Requirements
• Ensuring that all deliveries are completed within the required time limits where possible, without compromising on Customer Service or safety.
• Ensuring that all safety/maintenance checks are carried out, reporting all faults as well as keeping vehicles clean and tidy.
• Excellent communication skills – to advise of any problems/delays/traffic problems/load issues.
• Occasional weekend work a must
• A sense of urgency without compromising on Health and safety or other legal responsibilities.
To apply for this role you MUST have ALL the key attributes described below:
• Able to speak English;
Please send a CV and covering letter, if you have one to [email protected] . Alternatively please send a brief email about yourself and employment history.
Candidates will be expected to have a good understanding of the role and be able to demonstrate that they have the key attributes described above.
GDPR Privacy Notice
As part of the recruitment process, we will collect personal data about you from your CV and job application. This will be used in the recruitment process to help us shortlist and contact candidates for the role. Any data held shall be processed fairly and lawfully and in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act. Your data will be kept confidential and stored in a secure location which only relevant employees related to the recruitment process can access.
Your data will be held for a period of six months following the closure of the recruitment campaign in case you are suitable for any other positions. After that period expires your details will be removed from the system. If you do not wish for us to retain your data for other roles please make that clear on your application.
For further information on how we collect and process your data please request our privacy notice for job applicants.