Interpersonnel Recruitment are pleased to be recruiting for a Building Services Manager for our client based in Dover. The purpose of this role is to develop and implement plans for maintaining and developing the building services and fabric assets at the organisation and to deliver projects under those plans. You will also develop and implement effective energy management plans for buildings.
You will lead and manage a team of Engineering and Project Management staff in the delivery of these plans and projects, and you will work collaboratively with other Engineering Managers, in-house Quantity Surveyors/Commercial Managers, Contractors and other stakeholders.
You take responsibility for ensuring that required asset plans for building services and fabric are in place to meet Statutory Legislation.
You will act as Project Manager for Building Services projects ensuring that project outcomes are delivered on time and within approved budgets.
Duties of the Post Holder
• Develop and maintain asset plans for building services and fabric, aligning projects with those plans
• To act as Project Manager - To ensure that required inspection and maintenance regimes are in place for all building services and fabric assets to meet Statutory Legislation and applicable Standards.
• To be responsible for the Building Management System
• To develop and implement effective energy management plans for buildings
• To ensure that the Long-Term Asset Plan reflect the scope, programme and budget for delivery of projects for building services and fabric
• To perform the role of Line Leader within the Department including setting objectives, undertaking performance reviews, creating training plans, managing leave, providing support and advice to the team members.
• To write and present project papers for internal approval.
• To act, when required, in the capacity of CDM Principal Designer
• Any other duties assigned by the manager or supervisor from time to time. Such duties will be reasonable in relation to the jobholder’s skills, abilities and status.
• If required undertake the role of On-Call Technical emergency support (Technical Silver).
• To comply with environmental instructions and to identify potential risks to the environment, or areas where environmental impact can be reduced.
• To identify and manage risks, particularly those which affect safety, and to ensure that all tasks under your control are performed with the utmost regard for health and safety. To facilitate effect communication on risk and safety issues between the team and senior management.
Skills and Qualifications:
• NVQ Level 4/HNC or above in Building Services
• Demonstrable engineering competence in building services and fabric and associated Statutory Regulations and Standards
• A demonstrable understanding of CDM Regulations and Health & Safety Legislation
• Proficient user in MS Office and MS Project
• Experience of managing costs against set budgets
• Full driving licence and use of own transport
If you are interested in this opportunity and wish to discuss further please speak to Martine Cripps on 01622 688409 or send your CV to [email protected]
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies