OPERATIONS TEAM LEADER
Who we are
Vanquis helps people who are excluded by mainstream banks take control of their financial situation. Whether they’re new to credit or need a hand rebuilding their credit file to manage life better, we make sure our services are straightforward and suitable for them to succeed.
We’re here to put people on a path to a better everyday life, not just our 1.7 million customers but our colleagues too. And we’re proud of the difference we make.
You and your team
Being a Team Leader at Vanquis Bank is about so much more than just monitoring stats, SLA’s, spreadsheets, resource plans and KPI’s. We want you to spend time with your people, after all the clue is in the job title, you’re Leading a team of people! Over half of your time is going to be spent coaching your team, making sure that they understand their journey and that they have all the guidance, support and tools that they need to realise their full potential.
Your focus will always be on progression, that’s why conversations with your team on things like absence, sickness, lateness and performance are an opportunity for you to demonstrate great leadership qualities. You’ll help them understand what needs to change, how they can own that and go through the improvement journey together.
But what brings all of this together? Quite simply it’s the culture you build. Who wouldn’t want to work for a Team Leader who pushes you to succeed, has a team that celebrates each others wins and helps you to make the best of your career with us.
What you’ll bring to the team
We’re looking for someone with a passion and commitment to getting the best out of your team, to be successful in the role you will:
• Lead by example, inspire, influence and energise your team to deliver great customer outcomes
• Demonstrate the ability to coach and develop individuals and teams to reach a superior level of performance
• Be able to quickly identify areas of underperformance and come up with action plans to improve capability
• Have a ‘can do’ approach and be friendly and approachable in all situations, offering help and support to colleagues and customers whenever it is required.
• Use your planning skills to ensure deadlines are met as well as being flexible and adaptable to changing demands
• Have the ability to champion delivering good customer outcomes
Why Vanquis? Our colleagues are the most important part of delivering our purpose to put customers on a path to a better everyday life. If it wasn’t for their amazing efforts, ideas and energy we wouldn’t be the successful business that we are today. So we offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary and rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement – with one day accrued for each year of service (to max 30 days)
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family (partner and dependant children)
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
- A range of initiatives offered through our Sports & Social and Social Impact Programmes
- Perks at Work - A perks platform offering over 30,000 unique discounts
- Free tea, coffee and fruit
- Discounted gym membership
- Subsidised on-site restaurants
Find out more
Check out our social media channels find out more about everyday life at Vanquis – and don’t forget to follow us while you’re there!
LinkedIn: Vanquis Bank
Facebook: Vanquis Careers
Glassdoor: Vanquis Bank